Will Google Be Apple’s Next Target?

I decided to post about Apple’s strategy of enforcing patents against other device makers such as Samsung verdict last month and how they could go after Google. I am sure everyone knows that jury last month awarded 1 billion dollars to Apple that Samsung must pay, and it’s not over yet.

“Apple Inc. gave a federal judge a list of eight Samsung Electronics Co. products it wants pulled from shelves and banned from the U.S. market, including popular Galaxy model smartphones.”

Samsung is the largest manufacturer of Android based phones and the ruling that its devices copied elements from the iPhone and the iPad could switch attention to Google. Apple ripped apart Samsung both in hardware and software used in its smartphones and tablets. Apple filed claims that Samsung developed operating system features violated its patents, which Samsung licenses Google’s Android operating system.

The late Steve Jobs was very frustrated with Android and he wanted to go after them. “I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple’s $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong,” Jobs told his biographer. “I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product. I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this.” There is a very interesting breakdown of the dynamic between Apple and Google. To read the full story, then just go here