1) Brief description of the project
Our Project was to collect essential items that the Inspiration Corporation needs to provide to people in the Chicago community who need them. As several members of our team have witnessed homelessness in Chicago or have or have seen friends or family struggle with homelessness and poverty throughout our lives. With the weather turning colder, we want to help provide essential items to those who need them in our community. We collected items from family, friends, colleagues, etc.
2) Brief description of the charity
The Inspiration Corporation is a non-profit organization located in Chicago, Illinois, that provides housing, meals, job training, and other essential social services to enable people in the community who need assistance to lead happier and more fulfilling lives. They offer a broad array of programs designed to help those who need help to exit homelessness and poverty, while also achieving their personal goals. The mission of the Organization is “In an atmosphere of dignity and respect, Inspiration Corporation connects people and creates opportunity through access to social services, job training, housing, and food.”
3) Factual analysis of success in terms of project objectives
Our team goal was to collect 100 items to donate to the Inspiration Corporation. These items could include body wash, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, wash clothes, socks, knitted caps, ski gloves, hand warmers, thermal blankets, etc.
We set the goal at 100 items because we need to collect the designated items in the list, so we plan to target each group member to collect 20 items that will be reasonable and achievable in 2 weeks.
Target Actual Status
Collect Designated Items from organization 100 261 Complete
4) Two or three lessons learned about managing projects
1. Start planning as soon as possible. The one thing you can’t get more of is time when you have a deadline to meet. Get that initial project chosen early and start laying out and assigning goals with specific deadlines to stay on track.
2. Contact the organizations well in advance to account for any delays in response which could further delay the project timeline
5) Advice for future teams doing similar projects
1. Make sure to communicate effectively with your group member
2. Start your project as soon as possible
3. Funding items is easier to convince people to donate but still need well-prepared
4. Follow the project schedule and make sure everything is on time
5. Enjoy your project
6) Photos related to the project. Examples could be event photos, websites, team members, etc.