The he ,him , she , shim ( communication)

In any businesses a unified communication is vital; it will bring a cohesive process (where everyone knows clearly what is supposed to be done, who has to do what, and, how it is done.) As a result the operations will be faster, and easier.

I don’t know whether you recall this play or not, but do you remember that classical theatrical play (bye bye London)? An Arab guy went to London and tried to communicate with the receptionist. The receptionist asked: “Sir, Do you speak English?”  The man replied: “Oh good English, he, him, she, shim, you this me that.”  The receptionist was confused, there was a lack of communication .Imagine if this was a real life case, this poor man will have some difficulties living there.

Moreover the {paper puppets activity} illustrated a similar case, where there was a lack of communication between the students which created some sort of delay and many papers were rejected by quality. In addition a student even tried to do his / her task and someone else which was against the procedures and orders given.

The second class activity (the sky’s limit) illustrated the importance of unified communication while conducting any project. Through Unified communications tasks were given, there was a project manager, an accountant (to keep track of the purchases), a time keeper, and the actual engineer of the tower, we were communicating back and forth. The unified communication gave the advantage of flexibility and planning while processing the activity. Those who had a unified and clear communication lasted until the end of the challenge.

Bringing this to life:

I worked at an insurance company, as employees we were left alone with no integrated communications; many employees took things under their matter because there were neither unified communications nor processing. If there was a delay we would have a hard time tracking the papers. As a result it delayed the paper process, auditors faced problems with reviewing the paper work, customer service had to face the angry customers and find a good reason for such delay. When a unified process was introduced and a clear communication was given, the work became easier, papers were easy to trace, and deadlines were met.

In conclusion:

Managing any business the operational aspect is very important. Conducting such business needs a unified communication and process to run effectively, and plan for any sudden change. Moreover setting unified communication and process will make the business more stable and more open to any change, which will give an advantage for any business to adapt to new trends.

At the end I will leave you with this thought:

Do you believe that communication is important for operational management?

Could any company survive without clear communications?

8 thoughts on “The he ,him , she , shim ( communication)

1. I’m a true believer that any business no matter how successful will face eventual ruin if it lacked proper and healthy communication. I believe, in order for a business to maintain success and or even achieve success, it must be properly integrated. By that I mean; all the departments within the organization have to be connected with one another with a stream of information flowing across all of them and feedback exchanged when needed. For instance, a retail company has to have integration among: order entry, purchase, sales, finances, inventory management, and warehousing. Furthermore, any business should establish a communication strategy that caters to the different business functions such as: accounting, marketing, strategic management and HR management..etc, in order to achieve maximum success. By establishing healthy communication, no longer would employees feel uninformed or confused about a task, or the managers feel overwhelmed with tracking their employees’ work, or even upper management having a hard time making crucial strategic decisions. Through adept communication, everyone within the company will know what they are supposed to be doing, how they are going to do it, when it should be completed and who are the major parties involved. Knowing all these aspects will not only facilitate the running of the business but will majorly help in identifying current shortcomings and future obstacles.

2. I believe a company without a proper clear communication runs out of business.. Imagine this, I tell you make this product smaller, but I never told you how small! You make the product way smaller. Then I tell you, I said smaller but not this small. We have wasted time rebuilding the product and we will eventually run out of business if we continue doing this. Communications and the ability to communicate are very important.

3. There is no doubt that Communication is very important in any business , a proper performed communication and an integrated process system is one of the key factors to success. Adapting to change will be better performed and consume less time because of communication. We have an integrated system of communication in our work place ,and it made it easier for all employees at all levels to perform and adapt to any change.

4. Communication is extremely crucial in everyday life use. We are communicating with each other constantly, whether it is information, ideas, feelings, attitudes and beliefs. Lack of communication or poor communication can cause a lot of hitches. I think communication goes wrong when one person concerned in the dialogue makes assumption. The person who sends a message may presume that the receiver understands the terms he has used, while the receiver thinks that he got the point when in fact he has got the wrong idea about it.

I remember one incident happened when a colleague told his subordinate to perform a task on aircraft registered as a code name (KB), but the guys went to accomplish the job on another aircraft registered as (AB) because they heard AB instead of KB. My colleague did not get feedback from them and they failed to acknowledge.

5. Proper communication is vital for a company’s success. Having a clear system for communication facilitates work among employees and ensures they have a clear idea about the work to be done.

6. I think communication is the most important thing to have when dealing with the employee in any organization, I see the cycle of the communication exactly the same with the operation management cycle which will start with:
    Input process output (goods and services)
    While the communication diagram as shown below:
    Sender process (media use) receiver
    So any successful organization must have all the tools for the communication and apply it. And now a days the communication it become more easy and fast with all the technology we have in our hand , the manger and the employee they can communicate through the net and the mobile in a very fast manner .

7. Communication is the mean employees use in order to convey their message. At work we use different methods of communication and the faster is the better! I have faced such problem in one of the organization I have worked for, where sometimes tasks were delayed; because the required communication was not fulfilled. And I would agree with you that in insurance sector, communication is very important; because of the different terms, rule and regulations involved, besides the long process it would take to complete a claim.

Another point I would like to highlight regarding communication, is cultural difference, especially in global companies, you would recall our MIS study case where a global company unified the language of communication as English within all organization branches yet enabled the local language only when dealing with customers.