Vince, Laura, Shea & Joe
The Blue Demon Consulting Group (BDC) hosted a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout class at Barry’s Bootcamp to raise awareness and funds for the Global Leader’s Program (GLP) at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). The event was held on June 3, 2017 at 2:15pm at the River North location. In addition to the workout class, we accepted donations through Eventbrite and hosted a raffle after the class.
The Global Leaders Program @ the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) is a Chicago based free two-year program for high school juniors and seniors. The GLP introduces them to the STEM fields, develops leadership skills, and helps them work on getting into college.
Analysis of Success
- Goal: Fill 50 spots at Barry’s Bootcamp
- Outcome: We sold 36 tickets to the class. 31 of these attendees came the day of the event.
- Anticipate obstacles and develop alternative courses of actions
- Adjust plan and exploit new developments – in our case it was the high level of donations
- Identify team members strengths to optimize results
- Communicate, be flexible, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Beware of conflicts of interest. One of our teammates has a contact at Muscle Milk that we were hoping to use to have a Muscle Milk surprise for everyone after class. We quickly learned that we would not be able to have them come because Barry’s Bootcamp has their own Fuel Bar that would make it a conflict of interest.
Pace Yourself. Throughout the project AND the workout class! We made sure not to promote too early to lose interest to people since our event was at the end of our 10 week class.
Have fun! Our team was positive and encouraging throughout the whole quarter and we think that this was a key to our success!